According to Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH), Government of India, road accident black spot on National Highways is a road stretch of about 500m in length in which either 5 road accidents (involving fatalities/grievous injuries) took place during last three calendar years or 10 fatalities took place during last three calendar years.
● Collection of accident data by 15th Jan each year
● Refinement of accident data by 31st January
● Identification of Blackspot by 28th February
● Preliminary Report–Short term rectification by 15 April
● Prepare Detailed Project Report by 1st June
● Permanent rectifications before 30th September
● Maintenance & Evaluation (continuous process)